f Why You Are Never Too Old For Crossfit!!!!!: Rope Climbapalooza!!!! or Rope Burnapalooza!!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rope Climbapalooza!!!! or Rope Burnapalooza!!

"Tarzan"
50 Back Squats (95,65)
5 Rope Climbs
40 Back Squats
4 Rope Climbs
30 Back Squats
3 Rope Climbs
20 Back Squats
2 Rope Climbs
10 Back Squats
1 Rope Climb
*If you are unable to climb a rope sub 12 pull ups for every climb.

-----------------------------------------------------------
150 back squats is hard any day of the week but coupling that with rope climbs and it is pretty hard!! I am happy to report though that I did not have to sub the pull ups for the rope climbs. I can do rope climbs, it isn't pretty but, I can muscle my way up the rope. I do have to admit I scaled the climbs to 3,2,2,1,1 each portion. I think I could have done it but since this was my very first time doing them in a WOD I thought it best to be safe. I had visions of me getting to the top and losing all strength and crashing to the bottom. (not a pretty sight for anyone!)
So, I ended the Wod with one leg oozing from the rope burns (can't wait for the shower and that first hit of the water) and strange bruising on one of my wrists. I think I popped a blood vessel or something. I am just grateful it isn't on my eye or my face, it is pretty nasty looking! With it on my wrist I can admire it as a "battle wound" of the WOD :)

[Please click on one of these buttons to "like"on Facebook or, to rank this post on Google-thanks so much,it helps my blog rating.]

No comments:

Post a Comment