f Why You Are Never Too Old For Crossfit!!!!!: “A goal without a plan is just a wish.” ~Larry Elder

Thursday, August 4, 2011

“A goal without a plan is just a wish.” ~Larry Elder

My goal for 2011-2012 is to complete the 2012 Women's Masters 55-60 "Open" Competition without scaling!
To get there, I need to accomplish these goals first: 
1. get double unders
2. be able to do more than 5 push-ups at a time
3. get box jumps
4. get handstand push ups
5. get dips on the rings
6. get consistent toes to bar, knees to bar

I need to improve my:
1. running
2. pull-ups
3. Olympic lifts
4. endurance

Yikes. 

I look at the list and I am overwhelmed, but I am determined.  How can you not be after seeing the incredible athletes at the 2011 Crossfit Games?  I'm sure there are plenty of cliches about perseverance, persistence, pertinacity,  and pluck, but I prefer to approach it this way: “A goal without a plan is just a wish.” ~Larry Elder

So, I will make a plan to reach my goals, similar to a Master Plan for a business. There are stages and levels for every Master Plan.  I will be the "business" and it is up to me, hopefully with the help of the coaches at CFNE, to come up with a manageable plan.

We'll see. All I can do is listen to any and all advice, train hard, and do my best. Wish me luck.

[Please click on one of these buttons to "like"on Facebook or, to rank this post on Google-thanks so much,it helps my blog rating.]

No comments:

Post a Comment