f Why You Are Never Too Old For Crossfit!!!!!: Paleo Challenge

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Paleo Challenge

Crossfit has taught me how to eat so I feel the healthiest physically and mentally.  I really have bought into the Paleo way of eating.

That said, CFNE is starting a 4-month Paleo Challenge this week. Four months of eating strictly Paleo to earn 4 points a day. Cream in your coffee, 1 point off; piece of pizza 2 points off; a piece of that birthday cake, 3 points off. I have seriously considered doing the challenge. I think that I could be perfect each day if I put my mind to it. I quit drinking 20 years ago and haven't had a drop since. I stopped smoking when my oldest son was born and I haven't had one since. I know I can give things up, but, honestly, I am not willing to put myself in the position where I would have to abide by the Paleo Challenge Rules.

The only way I can really give something up is to be ALL IN, to do it to perfection. That's how I don't drink, I just can't! I think that I am lucky to be able to have the willpower to stop things this way. I know for many, it is a constant, daily battle.  Being able to eat what I want is one of the only things I have control over. If I really want that piece of cake, if it is worth it to me physically, I can eat it. I may pay for it later and I realize that this is an excellent possibility, but at least I have the choice.  Probably  9.9 times out of 10, I won't eat the cake. I just like to have the option.




[Please click on one of these buttons to "like"on Facebook or, to rank this post on Google-thanks so much,it helps my blog rating.]

No comments:

Post a Comment