f Why You Are Never Too Old For Crossfit!!!!!: "Whey Protein Doesn't Help Build Muscle"

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"Whey Protein Doesn't Help Build Muscle"

This article title definitely caught my eye when it popped into my email mailbox. I have faithfully consumed my protein shakes after my tougher workouts, envisioning my muscle fibers getting stronger with every sip! Luckily after reading the article I was reassured that I hadn't been pouring
needless calories into my body after every workout. To summarize, some of the main points were:

*...........workout supplementation of protein isn’t magical. You still need to eat a caloric excess of what you burn each day in order to build muscle.

**The other problem here is that nutrition and exercise research has become a major media spectacle, and the results of new research are plastered all over web sites and magazines as if that one study is the definitive work on a given topic

***This is usually not the case!!!

****So what’s your conclusion? Don’t ditch your pre-workout protein shakes. They are important for jumpstarting protein synthesis and increasing blood flow (leading to increased nutrient delivery) to working muscles
 



  •  


[Please click on one of these buttons to "like"on Facebook or, to rank this post on Google-thanks so much,it helps my blog rating.]

No comments:

Post a Comment