f Why You Are Never Too Old For Crossfit!!!!!: Is Eating Healthy An Obsession With You?

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Is Eating Healthy An Obsession With You?

I found this article today and it explains , in a roundabout way, why eating Paleo can be a bit compulsive but generally it is just an attempt to eat foods that make you feel better and healthier.

Comments have been made such as, "  ‘people who are completely Paleo are too rigid‘ to ‘anyone who never eats grain, dairy or legumes must clearly suffer from orthorexia and it’s a real problem‘."
(orthorexia= Those who have an “unhealthy obsession” with otherwise healthy eating)

The article retorts with:
"....Understood…and agreed, even, but we have to separate the scenario where someone has an actual eating disorder and someone does not, but has simply identified certain foods as making them feel ill and consequently avoiding those.   It’s unfair and inaccurate to group the two together."

Personally, I try to avoid certain foods that make me feel sick to my stomach or uncomfortable. I am not trying to be compulsive or too "rigid" in my eating habits, I have just found that eating a "cleaner" diet solves a lot of my digestive issues. That said, when cake is involved, I am the first one in line. Some digestive upsets are just worth it!

To read the entire article please click here

[Please click on one of these buttons to "like"on Facebook or, to rank this post on Google-thanks so much,it helps my blog rating.]

No comments:

Post a Comment