f Why You Are Never Too Old For Crossfit!!!!!: Mental Toughness

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mental Toughness

2.  "Elizabeth"
21-15-9 reps for time of:
Squat Clean (135, 95)
Ring Dips

Today was HARD! First of all there were only 7 people in the class. Now big classes are a bummer when there aren't enough bars etc... but small classes are intimidating, there is no hiding in the crowd. The coaches watch everything, there is definitely no slacking!!!
Now squats are definitely harder for me. I have never been that flexible and my knees don't really bend easily. With this exercise it isn't so much the strength aspect as the pain in the knees threshold although 21 in a row is really tough!  I am nowhere near doing real dips so assisted dips are hard but not a killer.
Right around the second round I thought, "I should have skipped today" but in the end I finished and, I was totally psyched. That's the way these workouts are. They are incredibly tough but the sense of accomplishment is unparalleled!!

[Please click on one of these buttons to "like"on Facebook or, to rank this post on Google-thanks so much,it helps my blog rating.]

No comments:

Post a Comment