f Why You Are Never Too Old For Crossfit!!!!!: Boiler Maker

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Boiler Maker

First we started with Tabata squats (I will post an explanation of "tabata" on the sidebar under Crossfit terminology). Needless to say, after doing air squats for time your legs feel a bit rubbery.  But I digress, on to the workout!


"Boiler Maker"
AMRAP 20 of:
5 DB Burpee Squat Clean Thrusters (45, 30)
5 Weighted Pull ups (45, 30)

** I did 7 rounds

Let's just say today was a killer. Burpees are hard, squat cleans are hard , and thrusters are the worst, so this movement combining them all was HARD! Throw in to the mix that my back is in a bit of spasm (we did a lot of rowing on Friday, and I think my back is protesting a bit). So ,as a result, I adapted the workout a little bit. I only did the thruster portion about every third burpee,etc.. I think that this was the smartest move considering it felt like every time I put my arms up my back was on the verge of one big "charlie horse."  Walking out of the gym with my arms straight up would have made it difficult to work all day :)
The pull-ups are a work-in-progress, but with the band I feel like I am getting the technique down, albeit slowly. So, to conclude, this is a much tougher workout when doing it than it looks on paper. I scaled it down (no thrusters), which made it a bit more tolerable but still an endurance test!





[Please click on one of these buttons to "like"on Facebook or, to rank this post on Google-thanks so much,it helps my blog rating.]

No comments:

Post a Comment