f Why You Are Never Too Old For Crossfit!!!!!: MURPH-A toughy!!!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

MURPH-A toughy!!!

"Murph"
For time:
1 mile Run
100 Pull ups
200 Push ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

Looks daunting, doesn't it? I thought so too. But it is not as bad as you think. Yes, it is a grind and you get tired, but the way it is broken down makes it very manageable. First you run (there is no way to break that down and make it better, so you just do it!). Then you break up the movements by doing 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, and 15 squats 20 times (if you are doing the whole thing) or 10 times if you are only doing a half Murph.

I have to confess I only did a 1/2 Murph today. I was intimidated and I chose the shorter option. What I know now, though, is I could have done the whole thing. I felt tired at the end, but not destroyed. I had more in me. I think I had worried so much about doing everything at one time (100 pull-ups, etc.) that I had psyched myself out. I had spent the whole night worrying if I could do it and then worrying that I wouldn't be able to walk the next day.

I'm not bummed out though. I finished and now I' m psyched (kinda) for the next time!!

[Please click on one of these buttons to "like"on Facebook or, to rank this post on Google-thanks so much,it helps my blog rating.]

No comments:

Post a Comment