f Why You Are Never Too Old For Crossfit!!!!!: What You Eat Matters!!

Monday, August 23, 2010

What You Eat Matters!!

"Caribou Lou"
10 Rounds for time of:
12 Pull ups
12 Burpees

I eat Paleo 90% of the time, but when we go to the Cape I must admit we do eat non-paleo items (candy and french fries, and pizza and... you get the drift).  When we "cheat," however, I always wake up feeling a little hungover. I DON'T drink, so I know it is from all the bad food.  Before I started the Paleo diet, I didn't feel particularly different when I ate potatoes, bread, pasta, or sweets. It wasn't until I ate "cleaner" that I could see the real difference it made to eat well.

The reason I bring this up is because we came right from the Cape to a Crossfit workout on Monday, and it was AWFUL. It was the first time I really wanted to quit. I felt tired and sick and totally devoid of energy.

Now don't get me wrong, I will still enjoy the occasional bread or dessert, but I'll just have to realize that there is a price to pay. 


I did the workout in about 22 minutes. I subbed the 12 pull ups with 5 banded pull-ups.
I'm pretty sure it would have gone much better and I would have felt much better if it was after a few days of eating the paleo way!!



[Please click on one of these buttons to "like"on Facebook or, to rank this post on Google-thanks so much,it helps my blog rating.]

No comments:

Post a Comment