f Why You Are Never Too Old For Crossfit!!!!!: Practice Makes Perfect (kinda)

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect (kinda)

Most people don't like to practice. It takes patience to practice over and over again, and seeing improvement often takes too long. Practice can be tedious, boring, repetitive. BUT the bottom line is, to get better at something you have to practice. No one wakes up and can play the piano perfectly. So, why do we balk at the idea of practicing our pull-ups or our push-ups or our double-unders.

I am ashamed to admit that after almost a year and a half I finally realized that I had to practice, diligently, the exercises I wanted to get better at faster. Obviously we can go to 4-5 workouts a week and hope our "goats" are included, but this isn't the way to get better faster.

Practice. It doesn't have to be hours upon hours. I would put in an additional 20 minutes here and 20 minutes there to work on push-ups and pull-ups. And, in 3 months I can now do the "real deal" when these exercises are called for. I may not be able to do all that are called for but, I am getting there.

I just wish I had figured this out earlier.

[Please click on one of these buttons to "like"on Facebook or, to rank this post on Google-thanks so much,it helps my blog rating.]

No comments:

Post a Comment