f Why You Are Never Too Old For Crossfit!!!!!: A Crossfitter's Guide to Picking the Right Physical Therapist! OR "4 Signs You Picked The Wrong Physical Therapist"

Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Crossfitter's Guide to Picking the Right Physical Therapist! OR "4 Signs You Picked The Wrong Physical Therapist"


The suggestions in this article are pretty accurate. I would suggest that a lot of these "guidelines" could also apply to picking an orthopedist. When searching for a Doctor who would treat my knee it was important to me that they understood that I was going to continue to workout (and by working out I meant Crossfit). I visited 4 Doctors until I found one that would listen to me and my concerns and go forward with my wishes in mind.

 

1.   Your physical therapist doesn’t have a squat rack or kettle bells.

 

2.   Your physical therapists doesn’t actually watch you do the activities that aggravate you.

3.   Your physical therapist gives you some handouts for home exercises that look like they were put together in the 1980s.

 

4.   Your physical therapist tells you to stop doing CrossFit.

 

"Don’t tell them to stop doing what they love. We have to teach these athletes how to maintain their bodies, improve movement faults and train in a smart manner."

 To read the entire article please click here



[Please click on one of these buttons to "like"on Facebook or, to rank this post on Google-thanks so much,it helps my blog rating.]

No comments:

Post a Comment